Top Ten Themis Trading Market Structure Predictions For 2011
We give you our market structure predictions for the coming year, albeit a few weeks late. Better late than never!
1) A certain large exchange eliminates flash-order types in equities, but implements them at the NJ Food Bank. David Tepper is pissed.
2) NYSE apologizes. Tears down Mahwah. Hires back 486 traders from Staten Island.
3) A large Chicago HFT firm hires Joe Saluzzi.
4) Tyler Durden of ZeroHedge closes up shop and goes to trade double inverse ETF’s of baskets of CDO’s that start trading on Exchanges.
5) Funding is increased at the SEC through a corporate sponsorship program whereby financial firms can sponsor specific line items in Rules.
6) The Bernank announces a new Exchange in which rebates are given on added AND taken liquidity; volume explodes. Dow hits 20,000.
7) A major fund manager introduces Single-Stock ETF’s, in which ETF’s are created to track the performance of specific individual stocks.
8) Warren Buffet starts a High Frequency Value Fund.
9) FastFiberInc launches a new dark fiber route that exceeds the speed of light by 16 mph.
10) Dark Pool volume hits 100%, public quote abolished.