21st Century Financial Acronym Test
21st Century Finance Test Part III.
Please draw a line from the 3-letter Acronym on the left to the definition or phrase on the right it most corresponds with.
SDR Organization that screws with exchange rates
DSK What causes Flash Crashes.
IMF The Bernank.
QE2 What long-term investors are unless sanity returns to the market structure.
SIV Creepy IMF head with serious sexual issues.
OPM Leveraged pool of crap invented by a couple of former Citigroup Bankers
FED An International Reserve Asset.
HFT The Guys who frisk 8yr old kids ay JFK and provide joke fodder for unemployed finance folks on Twitter.
DMM Self Regulatory Organization (now an investor protection that is outsourced).
SEC What Goldman guys drive
AMG Barney Frank.
TSA Why Charlie Sheen doesn’t drive.
MTA A place to intern before you make the big bucks in large financial firms.
SOL Money Printing Bubble Creator
DWI The Org. that approves erection drugs.
FDA Org. that used to take now-displaced workers to their financial jobs in NYC. Now just runs scenic sets for violence uploaded to youtube.
FNM What Goldman Sachs used be the Long Side of its shi$$y deals.
Where we left off 4:00pm EST:
INDU 12,595.75 -100.17
SPX 1,337.77 -10.88
CCMP 2,828.47 -34.57
Futures now at 7:00 am EST:
Key Data out today:
08:30: Empire State Manufacturing Index
09:00: Long Term TIC Flows
10:00: NAHB Housing Market Index
Since the prior close, some key stories:
– NDAQ/ICE throws cold water on NYX hostile merger plans.
– Stocks and futures lower on Greece-related risk.
– YHOO’s China Foothold Threatened over Rift with Alibaba over Secret Spinoff (Bloomberg)
– EU meeting begins at 9:00am EST to discuss Greek extensions.
– IMF Head Dominique Strauss-Kahn (DSK) pulled off plane after attempting to flee back to France in First Class after sexually assaulting a maid in the $3,000/night Sofitel he was staying at. Wait. Did I make that up?
– US will hit debt ceiling today. OMG. This is horrifically horrible. Everything will stop. Wait… we will just borrow more.
– Earnings Estimates Fall Most Since 2009 As Bull Market Shows Its Age (Bloomberg)
– Moody’s downgrades Tepco in Japan. OMG. Buy Japan!
– Tokyo Steel is cutting prices.
– RIM recalls 1,000 Playbook tablets. Before anyone gets excite, that is Playbook Tablets. Not Rim’s Strategic Playbook.
– LOW misses on revenues and cuts guidance.
– NYX is down 8% so far on NASDAQ/ICE news.
Pre-market: CRNT, CPC, CFSG, CHLN, FXCM, JCP, JADE, LOW, VIT
After the Close: BPZ, STV, DL, GOK, PLAN, URBN, WINN
Significant Movers This Morning:
AMR +3%, NYX -10%, LOW -5%, AMD -3%